- Ph: +61 435 003 412
"Organic Orange" has been added to your cart. View cart
Staying hydrated is crucial for maintaining good health and overall well-being. Water is essential for our bodies to function properly, and dehydration can lead to a range of negative effects, from fatigue and headaches to more serious health issues. In this blog post, we will explore the importance of hydration and provide you with practical tips on how to stay hydrated throughout the day.
Water makes up a significant portion of our bodies, and it plays a vital role in many bodily functions. It helps regulate body temperature, lubricates joints, aids digestion, and carries nutrients to cells. When we don't drink enough water, our bodies become dehydrated, which can lead to a host of problems.
The amount of water each person needs can vary depending on factors such as age, weight, activity level, and climate. 2.6L of water per day is the current recommendation for adults by the Australian Guide to Healthy Eating, which equates to approximately 10 cups.
1. Carry a water bottle: Having a water bottle with you at all times serves as a reminder to drink water throughout the day. Choose a reusable bottle that you can easily refill.
2. Set reminders: Use your phone or a smartwatch to set reminders to drink water at regular intervals. This can help you establish a hydration routine. Certain health apps available for download also provide this feature.
3. Eat water-rich foods: Many fruits and vegetables have high water content, such as cucumbers and strawberries. Incorporate these foods into your diet to increase your water intake.
4. Drink before, during, and after exercise: When you exercise, your body loses water through sweat. Be sure to drink water before, during, and after your workout to replenish lost fluids.
5. Flavor your water: If you find plain water boring, try adding a slice of lemon, cucumber, or a few berries to infuse it with natural flavors. This can make drinking water more enjoyable.
6. Monitor your urine color: The color of your urine can be a good indicator of your hydration level. Aim for a pale yellow color, which indicates that you are well-hydrated. Dark yellow urine may be a sign of dehydration.
7. Limit caffeine and alcohol: Both caffeine and alcohol can have a diuretic effect, causing increased urine production and potentially leading to dehydration. Limit your intake of these beverages and balance them with water.
8. Try a hydrating supplement like Superflora Noisy Guts 'Gut Boost'. In flavours, berry, greens, and tropical, these boosts add flavour to your water with the added benefit of probiotics and PHGG fibre to promote a healthy and balanced gut microbiome. PHGG can help reduce bloating and IBS discomfort. Read more on the benefits of PHGG HERE.
Staying hydrated is essential for maintaining optimal health and well-being. By following these simple tips, you can ensure that you are getting enough water throughout the day. Remember, hydration is an ongoing process, so make it a habit to drink water regularly and listen to your body's signals. Stay hydrated and feel your best!