The Gut Friendly Cookbook is a collection of Alana's favourite low FODMAP, gluten free, and allergy friendly recipes. Alana believes that everyone should be able to enjoy drool-worthy food no matter what food intolerances you have.
This cookbook is science-based and has been reviewed by an expert FODMAP dietitian. For those of you with food allergies rest easy knowing the allergy panels have been reviewed by Allergy New Zealand Inc.
What's included in the cookbook?
- 100 mouthwatering low FODMAP, gluten-free and allergy-friendly recipes
- A beginners guide to the low FODMAP diet which walks you through if the diet is right for you, how to stay safe, the 3 phases of the diet and how to protect your gut health.
- Tips & tricks to help you recapture flavour in your meals, save your grocery budget and spot sneaky FODMAPs in food labels.
Please note: Recipe ingredient measures in the cookbook are displayed in grams & cups (Metric system). For example: 140g (1 cup) gluten free flour.
Is the cookbook suitable for the first phase of the low FODMAP diet?
- It sure is! The cookbook is suitable for the first phase of the low FODMAP diet. The cookbook has also been checked by an expert FODMAP dietitian to make sure the recipes meet low FODMAP guidelines.
Is this cookbook suitable for vegans or vegetarians?
- This cookbook is a collection of Alana's favourites and is not a vegan or vegetarian cookbook. We are currently working on a collection of low FODMAP vegetarian and vegan recipes which you can find in a Little Bit Yummy’s Recipe Club.
What do you mean by 'allergy friendly'?
- Each recipe in the cookbook comes with an allergy panel so you can quickly identify if it is gluten free, dairy free, nut free, egg free, or soy free
- All the recipes in the cookbook have gluten free and nut free options.
- There are plenty of dairy free, soy free and egg free options and only a handful of recipes that include seafood.
- Our allergy panels have all been reviewed by Allergy New Zealand Inc.